Brave women hit the streets bringing hope
The "Honey Project" attracts women with its sweet ministry.
Inter-American Division (IAD)
[Colombia] Brave women who are clear about the mission God entrusted to them are involved in outreach. They have answered the call of Jesus, "Who will go?" by responding, I WILL GO.
The "Honey Project" began in 2019 in the municipality of Zaragoza Antioquia with the underlying purpose of missionary outreach. Twenty enthusiastic women are involved and can be identified by a yellow uniform scarf, and by a yellow t-shirt worn for high impact and visibility. These women are called Princesa de Johová, "Princesses of God," and have not stopped working for the needy in their community. The Inter-American Division Women's Ministries outreach program, "Loved and Chosen," is also being implemented.
Some of the activities include:
- Missionary visits to Zaragoza. The villages of Zargoza, Manzanares, Arenosa, Quebradona, and Rio Viejo in the district of Antioquia, Colombia, are targeted with a spiritual program, which includes distributing the missionary book of the year. This is making a large in the neighborhoods.
- Presence of "Princesses of God" at funerals. It is customary to sing and pray for bereaved people. The group of ladies is uniformed and simply accompanies the traditional singing.
- Celebration of birthdays. Church sisters and friends of the group alike are encouraged in the faith when the yellow-uniformed women make a visit or invite the honored one home.
- Baptisms. As a result of this missionary work, four people have come to the feet of Jesus.
- Variety of ministry. The group is mobile! They can easily change the activity of ministry as needed. Every eight days the women serve in different ways. One day, for example, they visit the sick, another day they exercise with women of the district, another day is dedicated to prayer and organizing events.
- The "Princesses of God" are a small group. Each woman receives group members once a month in her home, where they pray for each other, encourage each other, and fellowship together in the Lord.
These ladies want to continue working for the King of Kings and Lord of Lords because they believe they are "Loved and Chosen" by God, and they want other women to know they are also loved and chosen by God.
I WILL GO is the strategic plan of the Seventh-day Adventist Church. I Will Go Reach My World is the adapted version of the department of Women's Ministries of the world church.
Contributed by Women's Ministries of Inter-American Division
Photos: WM Colombia
Published in Mosaic newsletter, 2021 Q2, spring issue