2009 Abuse Prevention Emphasis Day
Violence Against Women - Download Free Packet
The 2009 Abuse Prevention Emphasis Day (APED) focuses on gender based violence. To understand gender violence and exploitation against women, and to make an impact on the outcomes for women, the Seventh-day Adventist Church has chosen the fourth Sabbath of August each year as the APED for the world.
The packet for this year has been prepared by GC Women's Ministries. Over the past seven years we have focused on domestic violence, incest, abuse of power, and abuse of the elderly. This year the focus is on Violence against Women. To download the free APED packet, click here.
General Information about abuse and the appropriate answer from the SDA Statement on Abuse.
SDA Church Official Statements including statements on abuse and domestic violence
United Nations Development Fund for women works to foster women's empowerment throughout the world
- Abuse Prevention Emphasis Day
- Oppressed women and children
- Abused women around the world
- Heather-Dawn and Raquel's travel to Nigeria
- West-Central Africa Division-wide congress in Nigeria
- August 9: International Day of the World's Indigenous People
- August 22: Abuse Prevention Emphasis Day "Violence Against Women"