Six Issues that Impact Women Globally
United Nations Millennium Development Goals
The Millennium Development Goals (MDGs) are eight international development goals that 192 United Nations member states and at least 23 international organizations have agreed to achieve by the year 2015. They include reducing extreme poverty, reducing child mortality rates, fighting epidemics such as AIDS, and developing a global partnership for development.
The General Conference Women's Ministries Department notes the similarity to our Six Challenge Issues that impact women globally with the Millennium Development Goals. Through our ministry we want to help the women to achieve their full potential, socially, spiritually, and mentally. Here is our list of issues and the matching MDGs.
MDG 1 - Eradicate extreme poverty and hunger
MDG 7 - Ensure environmental sustainability
2. Lack of Training, Mentoring and Leadership Opportunities
MDG 2 - Achieve universal primary education
MDG 3 - Promote gender equality and empower women
MDG 3 - Promote gender equality and empower women;
MDG 4 - Reduce child mortality
5. Women's Health
MDG 4 - Reduce child mortality;
MDG5 - Improve maternal health;
MDG 6 - Combat HIV/AIDS, malaria, and other diseases
6. Work Loads
MDG 8 - A global partnership for development
- Women involved with literacy projects
- Raquel's Travel to ESD - Moldova and Russia
- Heather-Dawn Small's travel to IAD - Mexico City
- NAD Women's Convention "Free Indeed"
- September 2: International Day of Peace
- September 8: International Literacy Day