Today, 1 out of every 3 women around the world has faced some form of violence, including sex trafficking, domestic abuse, sexual assault, honor killings, female genital mutilation, child marriage, emotional and verbal abuse, and other forms of violence. These practices are unacceptable and must end now.
enditnow is a global campaign to raise awareness and advocate for the end of violence against women and girls around the world.
This campaign, which extends to more than 200 countries and territories, was launched in October 2009 in partnership between the Adventist Development and Relief Agency (ADRA)-a prominent humanitarian organization-and the Department of Women's Ministries of the Seventh-day Adventist Church, two entities that are representative of the Adventist Church.
Here are ideas to use the enditnow campaign in your church and communities to raise awareness about violence against women:
- Print out a campaign poster. Download our campaign poster and print it out for display.
- Use the enditnow postcards in your church. Send these out to donors and community groups. Hold an event to launch the campaign.
- Provide leadership: Recruit a small group of women to brainstorm ways to get others involved in the work against violence. Discussion and dialogue is an important part of an awareness campaign. Come up with an annual event such as "Abuse Prevention Emphasis Day" on the 4th Sabbath of August. Invite your community to be part of this special program.
enditnow is in your hands
For more information visit: www.enditnow.org or women.adventist.org
- enditnow Campaign
- Follow the Bible initiative
- Women's Ministries meetings in Atlanta
- November 19: World Day for Prevention of Child Abuse
- November 25: International Day for the Elimination of Violence against Women