Ellen White's Leadership Principles on PRAYER
The leader sees in every difficulty a call to prayer: "The path of [women] who are placed as leaders is not an easy one. But they are to see in every difficulty a call to prayer" (Prophets and Kings, 31).
The leader prays for a quick mind, a large heart, and a tender spirit: "The wisdom that Solomon desired above riches, honor, or long life, God gave him. His petition for a quick mind, a large heart, a tender spirit was granted" (Prophets and Kings, 31).
The leader's power and strength for service come through prayer: "Without this daily communion with God no human can gain power for Service" (Review and Herald, 1910).
The leader's age, power, and position don't guarantee holiness of character: "Position does not give holiness of character. It is by honoring God and obeying His commandments that a man is truly great" (Prophets and Kings, 30, 31).
Source: Ellen White on Leadership by Cindy Tutsch
- "The mouth of the righteous man utters wisdom, and his tongue speaks what is just. The law of his God is in his heart; his feet do not slip" Psalms 37:30-31 (NIV)
- "He who endures to the end will be saved." Matthew 24:13 (NIV)
- "Through Christ we feel certain before God.... It is God who makes us able to do all that we do." 2 Corinthians 3:4-5 (NCV)
- "In his heart a man plans his course, but the LORD determines his steps." Proverbs 16:9 (NIV)
- "I will instruct you and teach you in the way you should go; I will counsel you and watch over you" Psalms 32:8 (NIV)
- Planning time for Women's Ministries directors
- Peace and healing for women
February 1 Statistical Reports Due
March 6 Human Rights Day
March 7 Women's International Day of Prayer
June 12 Women's Ministries Emphasis Day
June 23-July3 General Conference Session
August 28 Abuse Prevention Day
October 1 Devotional Book Deadline