- Look around and learn as much as you can while at the GC Session.
- Attend the business meetings. If you don't understand what is happening, ask someone.
- Learn Parliamentary Procedure so you can better understand how the business works. Get a copy of the General Conference Rules of Order from Secretariat in your Conference, Union, or Division.
- Visit the booths to find out where you would like to develop a ministry if you don't have one already. Most have booklets and information.
- When you get home, get involved. If you can, serve on the church board or the Women's Ministries committee.
- Take the Women's Ministries Leadership Certification courses and become certified.
- When your church chooses officers, be sure that women are involved.
- When your church chooses delegates to a constituency meeting, serve if you can.
- Pray for and support women who are already in leadership.
By Ardis Stenbakken, Former GC WM Director