2020 Women’s Devotional Book
I Am Loved
"The LORD your God in your midst, the Mighty One, will save; He will rejoice over you with gladness, He will quiet you with His love, He will rejoice over you with singing." —Zephaniah 3:17, NKJV
God—through a little verse in a short book written by a minor prophet—reveals a great, big love!
- a persevering love that transforms fear into faith,
- a faithful love that repurposes failure into redemption,
- a patient love that calls careless hearts to obedience,
- an abiding love from which nothing can separate us,
- an enduring love that exchanges human weakness for divine strength,
- an abundant love that fills every empty nook and cranny of the soul, and
- an unparalleled love that impels the divine King of heaven to break into joyful singing as He watches over each of His precious daughters.
Do you crave frequent reminders that Someone treasures you above all else? Does your heart need to hear a love song? Then spend a few moments each day reading the stories in this devotional book. They not only highlight God's multifaceted love but also bring the blessed assurance that His undying love is focused on you. Yes, you are loved! (from the back cover)
Order online, Adventist Book Center
Writers Needed for the Women’s Devotional Book
Submissions are now being accepted for the 2021 devotional book.
Be a Blessing
The God-inspired devotional book project began in 1992 as a one-time idea to raise funds for Women’s Ministries scholarships, but the book was so well received, and so many blessings flowed from it, that the books just kept coming—and kept blessing. Not only are book readers blessed, but every writer and scholarship recipient is blessed. And blessings continue to flow from the service these amazing scholars provide for the church.
Give a blessing
- Buy a book for yourself.
- Buy extra copies; they make wonderful gifts.
- Write a devotional to be included in a future book.
- Apply for Women’s Ministries scholarship.
- Tell a deserving woman how to apply for Women’s Ministries scholarship.
- Make a financial contribution to the scholarship fund. Donate here
The devotional book is a blessing in at least four ways: the women who write for it are greatly blessed; the women who read the book receive a spiritual blessing (making this the perfect gift for any woman in your life); the women who receive the scholarships receive a life-changing blessing; and the donors receive a financial blessing when giving to the scholarship fund.
In the Beginning . . .
On the jacket of Among Friends, the first devotional book published for 1993 daily readings, editor and Women’s Ministries director Rose Otis wrote, “What better way [to affirm women] than to invite [them] to contribute to a devotional book ‘for women by women’?” Contributor response to the General Conference Women’s Ministries (GC WM) global call for submissions was so abundant that Rose—in just ten months—had enough devotionals for that first book. Her conclusion? “Women wanted . . . others to know how Jesus had been there for them,” she said. Contributing authors respond with gratitude for the opportunity to nourish their own spiritual lives simply through the process of writing about their experiences for the purpose of sharing with others.
Soon the GC WM office decided that royalties from the devotional books would go toward funding scholarships around the world to assist Adventist women obtain higher education. Since the end of 1992 when the 1993 devotionals were first sold, proceeds from the yearly devotional books (more than 1.2 million dollars) have funded 2,524 scholarships in 136 different countries for women who are committed to use their education to further serve the mission of the Seventh-day Adventist Church. Presently, at least half the women seeking assistance are turned down. With your help we can change more lives! Donate here