Inspiration for You
Essentials Every Leader Should Know
Whether you are leading a ministry, an organization, or a family, God has given you a special mission. To fulfill that God-given purpose, secular leadership principles won’t be enough: you need to know biblical principles of leadership.
- If you are a leader, lead! Don’t drive people! Don’t dictate! Make sure that you are with the people and that are with you.—Jim Gilley
- Maybe you are saying, ‘Don’t look at me, Lord!’ But if you are a Christian, you are a leader!—Cindy Tutsch
- Humility is necessary because success in leadership can be its greatest danger!—Prudence LaBeach Pollard
- Pulling rank and making power polays is not leadership.—David S Penne
- There is nothing more dangerous to leadership than the individual who is not self-aware.—Dan Jackson
- Be willing to stand for what is right ‘though the heavens fall.’ Do not fear to take a stand for something even if it is not popular.—Ted N C Wison
Quoted excerpts from As I Follow Christ: 20 Essentials Every Leader Should Know, Dwain Esmond, editor, Review & Herald Publishing Assciation, c2013.
WM Special Projects
The Grandmothers Project
Southern Africa-Indian Ocean Division (SID)
[Lesotho] When HIV infected people in Sub-Sahara Africa become too ill to work and eventually die (leaving more than 11 million orphans), grandparents are becoming primary breadwinners and caregivers for their children and grandchildren when traditionally they have expected to enjoy the support of their families.
General Conference Women’s Ministries (GC WM) is financially partnering with Adventist AIDS International Ministry to support the Leribe Training Center in Sesotho. Grandmothers from 17 villages are trained for skills in HIV prevention, self-sustainability and development, especially kitchen gardening and nutrition. You can help GC WM give hope and a future to these grandmothers and orphans.
Donations may be sent by check, money order, or credit card to GC Women’s Ministries, 12501 Old Columbia Pike, Silver Spring, MD 20904 USA
May 31- World No-Tabacco Day
For World No-Tobacco Day 2014, World Health Organization and partners call on countries to raise taxes on tobacco. Research shows that higher taxes are especially effective in reducing tobacco use among lower-income groups and in preventing young people from starting to smoke.
June 23 - International Widow’s Day
No woman should lose her rights when she loses her husband—but an estimated 115 million widows live in poverty, and 81 million have suffered physical abuse according to United Nations. Source: www.un.org
Revival and Reformation
Christ calls us to a deeper relationship with Him through prayer, Bible study, and a more passionate commitment to share His last-day message with the world.
Prayer – www.RevivalandReformation.org/777
Bible Study – www.RevivedByHisWord.org
Witness – www.MissiontotheCities.org