How Are You Coping with Sheltering at Home?
If you are experiencing a different routine during the coronavirus crisis, these tips and links may be beneficial.
“You shall not be afraid of the terror by night, Nor of the arrow that flies by day, Nor of the pestilence that walks in darkness, Nor of the destruction that lays waste at noonday. A thousand may fall at your side, And ten thousand at your right hand; But it shall not come near you.” Psalm 91:6, 7
Coping with self-isolation
8 things to do at home
- Use this checklist for coping with quarantine or self-isolation from General Conference Department of Health Ministries. Download PDF checklist
- Make time for prayer. Join the world church in 100 days of prayer and daily reading from GC Revival and Reformation Committee. 100 Days of Prayer.
- Become a cell phone evangelist from your armchair. Learn more from Adventist World Radio digital evangelism. YouTube training video
- Become a prayer warrior. Recruit a friend to be your prayer partner and study this resource from GC Women's Ministries. "Intercessory Prayer"
- Spend time in the Word. To help you record your study, use "My Bible Journal" pages from GC Women's Ministries. Download PDF pages
- Communicate with God in your own unique style. Discover ways to journal using this resource from GC Women's Ministries. "Discover the Love of Your Life"
- Use these thirty-one journal prompts for coping in isolation, written by a Christian mental health consultant and blogger. Download PDF prompts
- If you are overwhelmed with fear, read these articles, "Six Ways to Find God's Peace" and "The Power of Fear, The Power of Jesus" outlining helpful guidelines for overcoming fear, posted on the blog of an American Christian greeting card company.
- May Jesus whisper in your ear, "I am here." In these uncertain times, Raquel Arrais, associate director of Adventist Women's Ministries, shares two Bible promises. She notes that the second promise is the answer to the first because when you cast all your anxiety upon the Lord, He hears and delivers you. 1 Peter 5:7, NKJV, "Cast all your care upon Him, for He cares for you." Psalm 34:4, NKJV, "I sought the Lord, and He heard me, and delivered me from all my fears." Short YouTube video
- Make the most of working from home. An Adventist News Network live stream. ANN Youtube video
- "Price of Pandemics." Easily learn about pandemics and coronavirus from a health professional skilled in breaking down complicated topics for the rest of us. Dr. Arlene R. Taylor, Realizations Inc.
- Watch "Hope Awakens" webinar. Begins Friday night, April 17, with John Bradshaw. Hope Awakens registration
- Become informed about health lessons the church learned during the 1918 influenza pandemic. AR Online
"We need to present to the people the way in which God has led us in the past, and to recount his wondrous works in behalf of his people. We need to call to remembrance the former days." Ellen G. White, The Review and Herald, March 19, 1895—Recount God's Dealings.
Links we find helpful
Adventist News Network, church news
Adventist Review, online and news
General Conference Health Ministries, coronavirus resources and tips
Adventist Health Ministries
AWR360 Health, YouTube symposium
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
The World Health Organization, and WHO's introductory video to COVID-19
The President's Coronavirus Guidelines for America
Current COVID-19 statistics for any country, put your finger on the map
Basic Protective Measures Against the Coronavirus
The National Institute of Mental Health
While we are experiencing the coronavirus crisis, check this page regularly for updated information, links, and resources.
Published in Mosaic newsletter, 2020 Q1&2, Spring issue
“Faith grows strong by coming into conflict with doubts and opposing influences. The experience gained in these trials is of more value than the most costly jewels.” Ellen G. White, Testimonies to the Church, vol. 3, p. 555.